From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with USB DAQ 6008 and VI

Hi...

I don't speak english very well but I'll try to explain the problem the best I can... 
I'm beginner in all of this...

I have LabView 7.1.1 student edition and a USB DAQ 6008. I can't "call" a task in the function "DAQmx base - Data Acquisition" using the "browse" option... why? It was a bad software installation? The software needs some Update?

I made some tasks in the "NI DAQmx base configuration utility"... but I don't know how "call" this task in my VI to start practice.

Please, help me. I'm frustrated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,035 Views)
Hello Zicco,

With DAQmx Base you have type in the task you created in the Configuration Utility. You are correct that it does not browse properly.

Recently NI came out with NI-DAQmx 7.5, that is much easier to use and you can browse for the tasks. To switch the firmware of the USB 6008, go in to the Measurement and Automation Explorer and follow this KnowledgeBase. You will have to recreate the tasks in the Measurement and Automation Explorer. After you recreate the tasks, there is the NI-DAQmx Base to NI-DAQmx Conversion Utility that will upgrade your programs for you. Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Marni S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,014 Views)
Hi

Do you still have any problems with your device ?  Or do you have any more questions ?

Regards
Daniel Holmqvist
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,997 Views)

Hi...

Well, my USB DAQ 6008 is working. I just typed into the "constant task" the correct name of the task.
I haven't a "DAQ ASSISTANT" icon in LabView Robot Sad... Is it normal with LV Student Edition?

But, when I "call" a task constant into the Block Diagram I don't see any task.
I must open NI-DAQmx Base Configuration Utility to see all the tasks I made. Smiley Mad
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,978 Views)
Hi

Have you installed the new DAQmx Driver v. 7.5 ? If you have installed this I don't think there should be any problems to use it with the Labview student edition.

If you still are using the Daqmx Base driver you will NOT see the task you have created if you just a a task constant in the block diagram. Which means that if you have forgotten what the name of your task was you will have to start the DAQmx Base configuration utility to check. In other words it works like you previously described it.

Once (as Marni  stated) again install the DAQmx driver v 7.5 (if you haven't done this) and then you will have to switch the driver that you use for your USB 6008 device in the MAX (Measurement and Automation eXplorer). How this is done can be found here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/1448A8AC665EE0EA8625703F004A4410?OpenDocument

After you have done this you shouldn't have any problem to use the DAQmx driver. Perhaps you have to restart your computer in order to make the changes work.

Does this make any differens ?

Regards
Daniel Holmmvist
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,968 Views)