From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with configuration/calibration accelerometer: NI 9234; BDK100

HeyHey!

For my diploma thesis I need to set up an acceleration controlled shaker experiment. 

Therefore I am trying to take my accelerometer (see attachment) into operation with the cDAQ 9174 and the NI 9234. So I am using the DAQ assistant to do so but when I put in the specifications of my sensor I only get a noisy signal with a slide offset from zero even if the sensor stands still. I am not sure about the coupling mode and since the specification says I have to supply the sensor with 5Volt (I can only choose Ampere) I am not sure of that either...

I am process engineer so please explanations for children...

Thank you for any help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,005 Views)

Hi NIgery,

I saw that nobody is answering, so I would like to be up to date. What have you done?

Is your question up to date?

best regards

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,793 Views)

Just by looking at the spec of the sensor:

The output is ratiometric (means: it will change proportional with your supply voltage)

The zero is specified at 0.5Up+-4% (@ 5V ~ +-100mV) , so your zero offset should be in the +-10g range and everything is still OK 😉

What you usually do is a zero offset compensation, measure V_o and when you measure V_a you do a V_comp= V_a - V_o

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,743 Views)