Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Ext Clk-Dig Start.vi

I have a PCMCIA 6024E with a BNC-2110 connector. I try to use this example code but i don't understand how the trigger and the timmer works. I have tried to look if the PFI lines generate signals but with no result. What is the connexions I have to do for using this example.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,697 Views)
Physicsapps,

In this example, the output generated will be ouput on your ao0 line, as configured in your example code. Your example code is configured such that the timer used for generating output is expected to be input on PFI7, and the digital trigger which will start the acquisition should be input on PFI0. So in summary, connect your clock source to PFI7, the digital trigger to PFI0, and then you should see a signal on the ao0 line.

I hope this helps,
Dan
Message 2 of 5
(2,698 Views)
Dan is correct--the example is currently configured to output on the ao0 line using an external clock coming in on PFI7 and triggering on the rising edge of PFI0. These inputs can be changed to fit your specific configuration. You can output on either of your two analog output channels, and you can configure your clock and your trigger with a variety of options as well. Just be sure that your external connections are matching up with the selections you have made.

John M
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,697 Views)
i want to use a external Digital signal to trigger the pxI6733, and in the vi file, i choose PFI0 as the trigger source,but it can work when i don't input the External digital signal to the PFI0 , maybe i choose the wrong source, am i!? i need a help and how can i trigger the PXi6733 to output the analog signal!!??
thanks a lot!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,672 Views)
Hello chinasymba,

Please see the Analog Output Series Help at http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/1BE01DBEE7F7F02286256F6D006C2B18?OpenDocument&node=11311_US to determine the correct pin assignment for PFI0. If you have nothing connected to that pin, then the VI should not generate any data and should timeout after 10 seconds. What behavior are you seeing?

Sean C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,661 Views)