From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Borland Builder C++ AND NI-DAQ 6.9.3

Hello,
I am trying to porting a Data Acquisition application developed with Borland Builder 4.0 and NI-DAQ 6.5.1, changing data acquisition Hardware. Now I am using PCI - 6036E, with Ni driver version 6.9.3. My s.o. is Windows XP Professional.
When I link application with nidaq32b.lib and nidex32b.lib and launch my EXE, without call any DAQ function, when I close my window PC is resetting! If I try to use Ni driver version 7.0 or 7.3, I obtain a GP fault as soon I start program.
I think that there are problem of disallineament or other inside file EXE generated. I have tried to generate new file lib with implib utility from DLL, but with the same result.
If anyone cannot help me, I think to substitute call to DAQ functions inside C code with DLL or EXE developed in Visual Basic.
Can anyone give me any help for this? Is it better use VB 4.0 or VB 6.0?
Thank you for your attention.
Fabrizio
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,452 Views)
Hi,

I would definitely suggest to create the dll in VB6. There are shipping examples for VB6, so that you can see how it looks to program in VB6 with DAQ. These examples can be found at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\VBasic.

I hope this helps. Have a Great Day!

George
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,413 Views)