Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem reading pressure values from omega pressure transducer 0-2500 psig (current output - 4-20 mA) with NI 9219 module

Hi,

I have two pressure transducers from omega and the wires are directly connected to NI 9219 daq module in current mode. My understanding is that 9219 module can provide excitation so I do not need an external power supply. 

I am using a modified version of continuous current input (SW timed) example VI to get the pressure readings from the transucer. After creating a scale accroding to transducer calibration, I am getting very low pressure readings(no matter how much pressure I increase in the system). The pressure readings indicate that the current is almost zero. How can I get the correct pressure readings from my transducers. I am not sure if the issue is with the wiring or if I am not using the correct VI for my application. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,387 Views)

I don't think the excitation is applied when you are in current mode.  So I'm pretty sure you need to supply an excitation voltage.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(4,378 Views)

I have connected it in the excitation mode (see attached). (+ve wire to terminal 3 and -ve wire to terminal 5) If this is not the correct way, is there any connection mode for a transducer or an external power supply is required in any case. Thanks for the reply !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,365 Views)

I figured out that I do need an external power supply. Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,352 Views)

How did you hook up your transducers to the power supply and the NI 9219?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,963 Views)