Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of corruption data base MAX??

Hi,
I used the chassis NI cDAQ-9171 (DAQmx) with an NI 9211 for acquisition of the temperature.
After installing the Software and Hardware, the temperature measurement program was working fine.
 Few days after, the chassis and the module are no longer detected in MAX, and the program no longer works.

The READY LED lights, and physical channels are not detected either.

By installing the same equipment (cDAQ9171 and NI 9211) on another computer, the acquisition of temperature works fine

I think there was a sudden cut of electricity on the first computer that caused a failure Software and
a corruption database MAX (I use a Version 5.1) .
What is the procedure to solve this problem permanently?? for executing the operation Reset Settings
configuration NI (MAX-Tools), the program ran on the spot, the next day the same problems occur.
Sincerely NADAL.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,238 Views)

There's a rather convoluted process to clear the MAX database, involves browsing to a dozen file locations and deleting files, some song-and-dance within MAX, and a restart or two.

Had a rash of problems here a while ago with that, and honestly it's easier to just reinstall MAX than it is to fix the database corruption.  Good opportunity to upgrade to latest-and-greatest, and you know it's done right.  I usually uninstall from add/remove programs, then reinstall off the disc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,233 Views)

Hi Nadal06,

MAX 5.0 and newer has an option to clear the MAX database. You can access it by going to Tools >> Reset Configuration Data.

clearMAX.png

Steven K.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,224 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, actually with the Reset Configuration Data ,it works again, then a few days According to the same problems occur,, You are right and I think uninstall /réintaller MAX ,because it is the best way to solve this problem permanently. Hoping that it will not affect my interface LabVIEW and other software. I'll let you know for the rest .

Sincerely NADAL

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,205 Views)

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12805

There's a corruption fixer that saves you from doing all the file swaps manually.

Funny, I had to do this once about 2 years ago, then again today a co-worker had it happen to them.  Probably wouldn't have remembered this tool if it weren't for that.

--Using LV8.2, 8.6, 2009, 2012--
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,194 Views)