From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pretrigger delay

Hi again.
If you use MAX, you use two tasks: one for acquisition (stopped and waiting for the trigger) and one for trigger generation.
Attached you can find a code that shows the problem (you only have to add the trigger generation).
I tried that using a NI-switch trigger output as trigger, and in this case the problem occurs.
Please, let me know the result.
Thanks
Dario
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,013 Views)
Dario,

I have tested the VI you have posted and it works fine.
See my suggestions in the attached VI here and tell me what you think.
Regards,

AlessioD
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,004 Views)
Alessio, you said:

"This is configured to run for 5 seconds. There are 2 seconds before the trigger can be sensed.
If I apply a digital trigger before the 2 seconds, it is not recognized because there are
not enough samples in the buffer"

That's the problem I have!!

If I setup the DAQ board to get samples for 5 seconds with a pretrigger time of 2 seconds and, immediately, I raise the trigger, the acquisition starts, I can see the 5 seconds of samples but without pretrigger samples (I see the trigger event at the beginning).

In one sentence: after the "DAQmx Start Task.vi" call, a wait of 2 seconds should be inserted before raising the trigger.

Or did I misunderstand your answer?

Dario
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(998 Views)
Dario,

I am going to put it in Italian...

Se faccio partire il VI e applico il trigger immediatamente, prima che siano passati i 2 secondi, il trigger non viene visto, l'acquisizione non termina perche' resta in attesa di un trigger dopo che i primi 2000 campioni sono stati acquisiti (2 sec).
Da quello che dici tu invece, se fai partire il VI e applichi trigger immediatamente, l'acquisizione prende 5000 punti e termina.
Questo non e' quello che mi succede.
Hai provato a passare il trigger digitale da una linea digitale della scheda stessa controllata con un VI che alza e abbassa la linea simulando un impulso?

saluti,
AlessioD
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(997 Views)