Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to change serial number of DAQ board

Hello,

In our company we need to build duplication of one measuring/adjusting station.
We already bought necessary hardware, unfortunately in the current application is probably some kind of protection 😞
When I replace in the PC current DAQ board (PCI-6052-E) to the new one then application stop running!

My thought, this application just check serial number of DAQ board! Is there any possibility to change serial number in the new board to the same value as is in the original card ???

Thanks in advance

Jan Srajer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,721 Views)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you purchased the first software/hardware package from some company and they have in place some method to prevent duplication without the purchase of another license.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,716 Views)

Hello,

Application developed employee who already left our company 😞

Thnaks

Jan Srajer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,701 Views)
I would hope that you would still have access to the source code. If you do, I would recomend you delete that portion that relies on detecting a specific serial number or whatever other scheme might be in place. It seems rather non-sensical to do such a thing for an internal application, at least without providing for a method to add a new tester without re-compiling the application. I know of no way to modify the serial number of an NI DAQ board. You might also want to look for other methods of protection such as reading of the MAC address or hard drive serial number.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,697 Views)