Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause scanning for AI Acquire waveform...

Hi... i'm using labVIEW 7.1...

I'm also playing a DAQ hardware now... i using it to read signals in real time through AI Acquire Waveform....
what i wanna ask is "possible to pause the AI Acquire Waveform by clicking a button"?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,934 Views)
Once scanning is started, it keeps scanning even if you do not read the data waveforms. If you do not read, then you will get an error about the buffer being overwritten.
There is no pause. If you do not want the data, you may
1)keep reading the waveforms but do nothing with them
2) or, clear the task, but the next time you need the data, you start acquistions again. (reconfigure/start/read..)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,921 Views)
HI Dr.Imad...

i still fresh about DAQ software... do u mind to show me an example about how to reconfig the acquisition agian?

Thanks for your reply!

with regard
Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,914 Views)
Hello Jaxx,

The easiest way to restart an acquisition is to use a DAQ Assistant. You could place the DAQ Assistant inside of a case structure that was controlled by the button on your front panel. The case structure itself would be located inside of a while loops. Every time you clicked the button, you could control whether or not the DAQ Assistant was executed or not. For more information on the DAQ Assistant, take a look at the Getting Started with LabVIEW manual (link below). Chapter 4 covers the use of the DAQ Assistant.

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/BF4B45DC473C89AE86256D2C0062711E?OpenDocument&node=132100_US

E.Lee
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,899 Views)
HI E.Lee...

i knew the DAQ Assistant is the best way, but what i know is the DAQ Assistant only can do the configuration setup in block diagram right?

what i wish to do is setup the configuration on the front diagram.... so i gonna to find other way out...

any solution about that?

with regard
Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,895 Views)
Hello Jaxx,

I'm glad you asked that becasue the DAQ Assistant has a great feature called Code Generation that will allow you to do exactly this. Take a look at the following link to see how to generate code from the DAQ Assistant.
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/736BA7168F48742286256D2600713527?opendocument
You will be most intereseted in generating the Configuration but you can generate the Example as well. You will now have a Configuration VI that has all of the configuration data you set up in the DAQ Assistant. You can open up the Configuration VI and change all the constants to controls and you will be able to change the configuration using the front panel controls.

E.Lee
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,883 Views)
Hi... E.Lee

is it possible to change the code of DAQ Assistant to become traditional DAQ function? i have try few times to make my device to support DAQmx but seem like it doesn't work... so... what i hope is can do the way that you mention with traditional function!

By the way... thanks for your example... i had learn a lot from there...

with regard
Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,874 Views)
Hello Jaxx!

There is no way to change the code generated by the DAQ Assistant to become a Traditional DAQ function. However, we can apply the same concepts that we talked about earlier to get the same functionality in Traditional DAQ that we had using DAQmx. The easiest way to accomplish this is to get an example of a finite analog acquisition using the Traditional DAQ driver. There should be plenty of these examples in LabVIEW that can be found in "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples\daq\anlogin" or by using the NI Example Finder in LabVIEW. Then, you could be all of this code inside of a case structure that is controlled by a button on the front panel. A while loop would then be placed around the case structure so that the program will run until the user stops it completely.

Hope this helps,
E.Lee
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,855 Views)
thanks for your information E.Lee...

i think i already got what i need.... 🙂

with regard Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9