From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe6259 does not work

Hello,

I have a PXIe 6259 board inserted in a NI PXIe1062 chassis. The board is connected to a SCB68 block in order to gain access to the I/O lines. The system has Labview 2010 and NI-DAQmx 9.1.5 installed, and the board is properly configured and identified in MAX.

I use the board with the test panels from MAX and also with the DAQ Assistant. I generate a sine signal and I measure the analog output with a digital oscilloscope. However no signals are detected.

The board passes succesfully its self test and calibration. All the equipment (including cables and SCB68) are new, so no hardware failure is expected in principle.

Does someone know anything about this problem?

Thank you,

Victor M.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,827 Views)

Hí, Víctor,

first of all, we have to make sure that the board is not damaged. So, download the DAQ Diagnostic Utility from the following link:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2244/lang/es

and check its behavior.

If the board passes the test, I should recommend to change the DAQmx driver. There's a documented issue as regards 9.1.5. with certain USB devices and I am not sure if it is affecting your PXI device. For further information, please read this KB article:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E995EEEFF457E79E862577A000551147?OpenDocument

So, download the latest version of NI-DAQmx driver:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2260/lang/es

and install it and check if the issue persists.

Note: if the board is damaged once you run the DAQ Diagnostic Utility, you should send it for repair to NI. In this case, if you are spanish, you can contact me on 91 640 0085 and I´ll help you to repair your board.

Saludos!

Jesús M. Garrido.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,779 Views)

The DAQ Diagnostic Utility is a good suggestion as one step of the diagnostic is to internally route AO to AI and measure the result.  This will confirm whether or not AO is indeed functioning.

Having said this, I think the problem is more likely with how you are measuring the signal.  What is the input impedance of your Scope?  The current drive for a single AO channel is only 5 mA on the 6259 (i.e. it is meant to drive high-impedance).  If the scope's input impedance is (for example) 50 Ohms, this could explain why you can't measure the output with it.  Many scopes have a high-impedance mode, so if yours does support this feature make sure it is configured appropriately.

The symptom of the bug mentioned in the KB that Jesús linked would be your device not appearing in MAX.  It doesn't appear that this particular bug is affecting you since you are able to successfully communicate with the device.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,767 Views)