Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-6363 Analog Output with galvanic separation possible?

Hello,

my question is about the PXIe-6363 which is used in a PXIe-Chassis. We have to control an amplifier with a analog output of the PXIe-6363. The input of the amplifier is high ohmic but connected to ground and its recommended to use a analog signal with galvanic separation. Unfortunately, I have seen that the AO-GND-pins are connected to earth.

Is it possible to use 2 Analog-out pins and use them in "Differential" mode to achieve galvanic separation (Like the differential mode for analog inputs)?

Thanks very much for help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,938 Views)

Hello Tooly

i never tried these, but i think the better option is to use an external isolation amplifier with galvanic seperation inside to have good disconnection from ground.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,883 Views)

Hello Alexander,

thank you for the answerd! But do you think its generally be possible to use 2 Outputs and merge to one differential output?

The solution with external isolation amplifier has some disadvantages: Extra errors, extra nonlinearities, extra parts, extra power supply and so on...

So has anyone experience with creating a differential output? I cant imagine this is such a rare problem 🙂

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,880 Views)

Hello Tooly,

you can try this, but still the output has no galvanic seperation, because the AO amplifier do not has it, also the analog input in differential mode is not a galvanic seperation, please be carefull if you need real galvanic seperation.

best regards
Alexander
Message 4 of 5
(2,878 Views)

Hi Alexander,

Ok, so I will think about it...

The reason, why I wanted the separation is not because of dangerous voltages that could occure from the amplifier side. It more because a ground loop could distort the signal and lead to a parasitic current.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,872 Views)