cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-4463 Programming Example

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am given a task to generate sine wave using PXIe-4463, in LabView, but I found an example in LabView for the NI-DAQmx that will program the device to output sine wave (Hardware Input and Output > DAQmx > Analog Output > Voltage - Continuous Output.vi).  Anyhow, from the "Requirements" list, PXIe-4463 is not listed.

There is another example called 'Voltage - On Demaind Output.vi' which supports PXIe-4463, but it seems like is only program the device to output constant voltage.

I am a newbie to the NI-DAQmx instruments, so perhaps the answer is right in front of me but I am still confused on how I can program the card to do what I need it to do.  Can 'PXIe-4463' output sine wave?   Although this instrument is not listed, but would it be possible that 'Voltage - Continuous Output.vi' example can still be used?

Last, I saw there is a special setup to keep the output voltage after DAQmx closed.  But, I was not clear if that also applies to sine wave or only constant voltage can be kept?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Peggy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,361 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PeggyC

First off, Welcome to DAQmx!

The PXIe-4463 can produce a Sine wave.  To verify this without writing any code, you can use TestPanels in NI MAX if you’d like.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4638/en/

Also, the ‘Voltage – Continuous Output.vi’ does work with the PXIe-4463.  It is likely not listed because there are specific examples for Sound and Vibration modules (Hardware Input and Output > DAQmx > Sound and Vibration).  Even though it was not specifically designed for that module, it still uses the same driver, which usually makes it compatible.  If you open an example and can select the Physical Channel using ‘Browse’, it will generally work, even if you have to change some of the settings to be compatible with the device.

Another example that might be closer to what you are looking for is the Generate Sound.vi (Hardware Input and Output > Sound > Generate Sound.vi).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,288 Views)

Hello

I am also facing problems in programming PXIe-4463 and above-mentioned solution does not solve my problem. I am using LabVIEW 2012. Before installing PXIe-4463, i was using DAQmx version 9.5.5. Its related VIs also accessible in LabVIEW through Measurement I/O as shown in Figure 1( all figures are attached). To use PXIe-4463, i installed latest version of DAQmx 17.1.1 as previous version doesnt not support PXIe-4463. After installing DAQmx 17.1.1, PXIe-4463 successfully appear in Measurement & Automation Explorer as shown in Figure 2. But after installing latest version of DAQmx, its related VIs disappear in LabVIEW from Measurement I/O as shown in Figure 3. Also while opening any example which includes DAQmx VIs cannot find related VIs as shown in Figure 4. Also in Test Panel related to PXIe-4463, max sinewave frequency generated is limited to 51.2 Hz as shown in Figure 5. I can only modify Update rate which is limited to 51200 which generate sine frequency upto 51.2 Hz. Similarly update rate of 21200 gives output sine frequency 21.2 which makes relation as follows: sine frequency = update rate/1000.

Q1. How i can generate sine frequencies upto 20 kHz by using Test panel?

Q2. How can i program PXIe-4463 in LabVIEW as DAQmx related VIs disappear from LabVIEW and could not open any application which involve DAQmx related VIs?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,021 Views)

I suggesty you first tyo do a force resintall of teh software:(DAQmx)

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8F3BC98AEDD0F3C88625801E006FAA33

Then , what happens if you change the number, what error mesaage does it show?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,997 Views)