From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe 7842r to SCB-68A

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have brought a PCIe 7842r, and it comes with the SCB 68A as the connector block.

I wanna use the connector block for analog input and digital output, so I connected the pin68 and pin 67 with two wires. The pin 68 and pin 67 on SCB68A corresponds to the AI+ and AI- on the PCIe 7842r too, so it fits perfectly.

Next step,  I want to use the PCIe 7842r to make a digital output, and I plan to use pin 36 and pin 2, which corresponds to DIO0 and DGND.

However, the pin 36 and pin2 on the SCB68A is DGND and PFI14, which doesnt match with the output from the PCIe 7842r.

Is there any suggestion for tackling this problem?

Best,

Matthew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,568 Views)

See if this clears things up at all:SCB-68A Quick Reference Label for R Series

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,565 Views)

Thanks for your reply! so I shall ignore this manual?

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375865a.pdf

Best,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,559 Views)

On page 9, you have to magnify that to see the label

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,558 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MatthewTang

@MatthewTang wrote:

On page 9, you have to magnify that to see the label

If you look at the label on that page closely, you will see that it is for M and X Series DAQ Devices.  You should read the section on using the SCB-68A as a Direct Feedthough (page 14) and use the label I linked to eariler for your R Series card.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,553 Views)