Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe-6320 Command Set

I really think this question need not be asked, but where is the command set for the multifunction DAQ, PCIe-6320? I've poured over the web site, googled same and come up dry. The Users Guide makes no specific reference to the commands. I'm trying to write a VB.NET app and so far am limited to looking through .NET VB code examples to find commands, but can't locate the command set list. Its location is probably staring me in the face, but can someone please point me to it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,383 Views)

Hi there

Correct, there is a list of functions and is supposed to be installed with the driver. Perhaps you need to perform the steps mentioned on this KB: Installing NI-DAQmx .NET/C# Help Files.

I also found a help topic that can give you a starting point: Using the Measurement Studio NI-DAQmx .NET Library

I hope this helps

Regards,

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,362 Views)

alcava.cr,

Thanks for the response. Solutions are not always straight-forward and in my case neither approach resulted in allowing me to install the content from disk.

The path to Help Manager C:\Program Files\Microsoft Help Viewer\v2.1\HlpViewer.exe was the closest .exe for Windows 7. Upon loading this exe it displayed an XML file, HlpViewer.exe. config in VS2013 Express that I'm using. Nothing apparent to do from here.

From VS I selected Help > Add and Remove Help Content was closest option or Set Help Preference. From Add and Remove Help Content, Help Viewer loads and displays Available Documentation with Microsoft Help Viewer 2.1 Documenation as my only choice. Nothing apparent to do from here either.

I'm not sure where to go from here since neither approach fit my situation. Can you tell me what to re-do or proceed from?

Regards,

Williamdor1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,350 Views)
Do you actually have Measurement Studio or just Visual Studio?

When you installed the DAQmx driver, what support files did you choose to install?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,338 Views)

Dennis,

I have Visual Studio and I installed the support files and examples for .NET 4.5.

Regards,

Williamdor1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,324 Views)

Williamdor1,

Perhaps if I comment on my experience with the tutorial you can figure out what you are missing. I first opened the Help Settings from Visual Studio (picture #00) and noticed that I had to install nothing (see the “Local” text on picture #01), I pressed F1 to bring up the help and I got the 404 web page (picture #02). After the Help Library Agent appeared on the bar I decided to use the search box and found the functions list (picture #03).

I hope this helps

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,322 Views)

Referring to the screen shots apparently the deviation from this is that I'm using Visual Studio Express and the same help options and version of Help Library Manager are not available to me. Using the Knowledge Base document: Installing NI-DAQmx .NET/C# Help Files served as a guideline and then I found the .MSHA files installed by N.I. and added them to the Help Viewer 2.1. I can now peruse the .MSHA files and find the information. It's less convenient, I can't access it directly from VS, but apparently that's what I get for using VSE.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,317 Views)