Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-MIO-16XE-50 running in Redhat9

I need to move my PCI-MIO-16XE-50 program and board from windows to redhat9. I have installed Labview7 and Comedi on Redhat9. But Labview for Linux doesn't have any DAQ VI.

In my windows DAQ program,I use AI config, AI clock config, AI start,AI read, AI close to set the external timebase, then colloct data.

How to do this in redhat9 with Labview and Comedi? Does it mean I must program all these VIs by myself?

Does any one has those DAQ VI functions for Linux? or similar ones. Could you share with me for reference?

Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,275 Views)
You can use National Instruments data acquisition products with open-source drivers provided by the Comedi project. These drivers may not contain the full functionality of the NI-DAQ driver available for E Series devices under the various Windows and Mac operating systems.

Your applications which use the VIs or function calls from the NI-DAQ distributions for Windows will require modification in order to run with the Comedi drivers. Support for the Comedi drivers is available through the Comedi mailing list. www.comedi.org

The following tutorial discusses how to get your data acquisition running on Linux:
How to Get Up
and Running with NI E Series Data Acquisition on Linux

Good luck.

Jared A
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,275 Views)
I have read these links.No enough. Can NI's DDK do this kind of job?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,275 Views)
You might look at the Measurements HW DDK.
You can find more information about it at: http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?cid=11737〈=US.
I believe there are some example VIs that come with it.

Chris B.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,275 Views)