Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6722 analog output not working

Hello,

I need to generate a constant output voltage using a PCI 6722 analog output card. The card is connected to a CB-68 LP connector block using RC68-68 cable. I am able to see my PCI 6722 device in MAX. However, when I go to Test panels in MAX, I am not able to change the output voltage using the slider. If I move the output voltage slider to anywhere between -10 and 10 V, the multimeter still reads 1.74 V. In other words, the actual output voltage read by the multimeter does not correspond to what I want. I am using Windows XP Serive Pack 1 on a Dell Pentium 3 machine.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,606 Views)
Greetings,

Have you tested multiple analog output channels? Do all of the channels exhibit this same behavior? Are you measuring with your multimeter between AO # and AO GND?

Sorry about all of the questions. Let me know.

Spencer S.
Message 2 of 4
(2,606 Views)
yes, i have tested all analog output channel (AO 0 to AO 7) and its the same thing. The output does not go beyond 1.74 V and is erratic.

There are several pins in my CB 68LP connector block that say AO GND. I believe that stands for anlalog output ground. I connect one wire to AO 1 and the other to AO GND. Then I use the multimeter to measure the voltage across these two wires.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,606 Views)
It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. Most likely, you will need to send this device back to NI for repair. You can create a service request in the following location:

Request Support

Good luck.

Spencer S.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,606 Views)