Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6601 not showing in device monitor

I've just installed a PCI 6601 card into my PC. I can't get the card to respond at all - I've tried a number of example programs, mostly counter output ones, and so far nothing has worked. Most of the programs will run with no errors, but I don't get any output. I am using a SCB-68 breakout box and an oscilloscope to check for output.

I noticed that although the PCI6601 shows up in Windows Device Manager, it doesn't show in the NI Device Monitor. Is this a problem?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,043 Views)

Yo Andy,

Although "NI Device Monitor" sounds like something that would help view any NI hardware, I believe it only is applicable to USB devics and has no rellavance to your situation. Have you heard of an NI application called Measurement And Automation Explorer (AKA MAX)? MAX is installed along with the DAQmx driver and other hardware drivers and is the first place to look when having trouble communicating with NI hardware. Do a bit of research on MAX to see how it is used. 

Is your card shown in MAX? If so can you used "Test Pannels" in MAX to verify the output works?

Happy troubleshooting,

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,029 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the answer! I have DAQmx installed, but can't find MAX anywhere under "National Instruments" on the Windows Start Menu. Apparently MAX should be installed alongside DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,009 Views)

MAX should be here by default for a 64-bit OS:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MAX

Go to Add Remove Programs, Choose National Instruments, then click to Uninstall/Change. You should see Measurment and Automation Explorer on the list and you can repair DAQmx.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,004 Views)
I found MAX, in the Program Files folder. I guess it didn't add a link on the Start Menu. Thanks! Now I can get on with figuring out why my VI doesn't work...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,000 Views)