Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6250 M series, not recognised by sys.

I have a tremondous amount of work. I bought a PCI 6250 M series DAQ card. Received NI DAQ 7, installed it and the Max is not correctly identifying the card. It is calling it, PXI unidentified. I've gone through the on-line solutions. No success. I thought this would be plug and play. My timing does not allow me the luxury of spending hours to install this device. Why isn't Max identifying the card correctly?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,912 Views)
Deeply Annoyed,

You mentioned that you recieved NI DAQ7, however you need to ensure that you have NI-DAQ version 7.3 (with DAQmx support enabled), as this is the only version of the driver which supports the M-Series devices. This should then show up in MAX under the DAQmx Devices section. This is the first thing that comes to mind. I hope it helps,

Dan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,912 Views)
I attempted to enable DAQMx using the "tool" menu and following the directions. The traditional NI device header nevers disappears. It displayed a traditional DAQ card AT MIO ... -16 however I experienced a "run time error" repeatidly as I tried to open the device within MAX. I restarted the computer, same problem. Does this system operate smoothy within an "XP" environment?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,912 Views)
I forgot the MAX version is 7.3
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,912 Views)
Deeply Annoyed,

Yes, everything should run just fine within Windows XP. Did you install NI-DAQ 7.3 on a clean system, or did you update from a previous version of NI-DAQ? Is your device identified correctly in Windows XP's Device Manager? I am unfamiliar with what is under the "tool" menu, but I am assuming that this is the tool menu in MAX? One other question I would have is if you expand the software tab in the MAX tree, do you have an entry for NI-DAQmx? If so what details does it give? Sorry I don't have a sure fire answer for you, but hopefully with a little info we can figure out what's going on.

Dan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,912 Views)
Dan,

System (hard drive) was wiped then we loaded XP and the NI software. Max tree does not show MI-DAQmx. No details, no MI-DAQmx in tree.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,912 Views)
Deeply Annoyed,

It sounds to me as though NI-DAQmx is not installed on your system, or if it is, that the installation did not work. I suppose the easiest way to diagnose this would be to go to settings->control pannel->Add/Remove Programs. Under this tab, you should see National Instruments Software. If you click on change you should have a list of Installed National Instruments Software. If NI-DAQmx is not in this list, then I would suggest that you need to install this (I would think that you should have recieved a CD with this with your device, otherwise it should be downloadable at: http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/BEC182021CEB566C86256EEE00696562?opendocument&node=132060_US) If NI-DAQ 7.3 Traditional appear
s in the list, you may also click the modify option. This should invoke the installer, from here you should be able to install DAQmx support. I hope this helps.

Dan
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,912 Views)