Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6220 not detected

Hello,

I have intalled a PCI-6220 in a rack mounted PC, and it is not detected by OS and not listed in M&A.

Config :

- Industrial PC :
- P4 2Ghz
- 512 DDRAM
- 4 PCI slots, and 9 (S)PCI slots behind a bridge.
- Windows XP SP2
- NI-DAQ 7.4

All PC slots are empty, I have tried to install the PCI-6220 in each PCI and SPCI slots, and it was never detected except ONE time in the SPCI4 slot : The "New hardware Wizard" detected the board but was unable to install the driver, I installed it manualy (chosing the PCI-6220 found in the list), then all seem to be ok, but ...
In M&A, the board property was not good (no IRQ for exemple, ...) and the autotest or reset of the board fail.
After removing, then re-inserting the board in the SPCI4 slot it is no more detected at all (I tried several times).

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Jean-Francois LAROCHE
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,900 Views)
Hello,

Series devices require +5 V, +3.3 V, +12 V, and –12 V supplies from the PCI bus. This is a standard PCI specification. Some PCI bus slots are not fully compliant and only provide +5 V, +12 V, and –12 V. M Series devices will not run on these computers. It is probably the case with your industrial computer. Can you check if the motherboard provides all the power level required by the M Series devices?

You can also check at the following KB to see if your computer is in the list given:
* M Series Devices Are Not Detected During Installation on Some Computers
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/677E9DEF848CD2A386256F160074C97B

If you have an E Series device, test the E Series board on your computer. If the E Series board is recognized and the M Series is not, the problem is due to power rail on the PCI bus.

Regards.

Matthieu G.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,880 Views)
Hello,

It think you have right : it seems that there is no 3.3 Volt on my PCI slots 😞

Thanks you for your help.

Regards,

Jean-François LAROCHE
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3