Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6133 not showing up in MAX after upgrade to Win 7

Hi,

I have 5 PCI-6133 cards which I cannot get to show up in MAX. They appear in Device Manager without problem (listed as Data Aquisition Devices), and also show up in the NI Registration Wizard, but will not show up in MAX. Previously, this computer was running Windows XP (Labview 8.5 and DAQmx 8.6.1) and we had no problems with these boards. However, we recently had to upgrade to windows 7, and now we cannot get them to work at all.

Things I've tried:

1) Confirmed that the NI Device Loader is running

2) Resetting the MAX database as per doc 4GA9TOQA

3) Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and boards in the correct order (drivers, then devices)

4) Completly uninstalling all NI software, deleting Program Files/National Instruments, ProgramData/National Instruments, and registry values under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/National Instruments, and then reinstalling DAQmx (8.6.1).

I've also tried to install newer versions of DAQmx (9.3 and 9.2 instead of 8.6.1), but the installer just maxes out the CPU and doesn't seem to be doing anything (I've let it run for 30 min with no evidence that anything is happening).

These boards are critical for our work and we need to get them functioning as soon as possible. Does anyone have any ideas for other things to try? Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,607 Views)

The DAQmx 8.6 Readme doesn't mention Windows 7. That doesn't necessarily mean it won't work, but it wasn't created with Windows 7 in mind. Usually Vista compatibility also means it will work in Windows 7, but not always.

It's concerning that DAQmx 9.3 should be installing. What happens at the end of the installation before you cancel it? The Readme mentions both Windows 7 and the NI PCI-6133:
http://download.ni.com/support/softlib/multifunction_daq/nidaqmx/9.3.0/readme.html

What kind of processor does your computer have? How old is it?

Are all 5 of your NI PCI-6233s connected directly to PCI slots in your machine, or are you using a PCI expansion box? That's a lot of PCI slots for motherboard to have! A box could cause compatibility issues as well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,566 Views)