From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6035E/6036E unable to read voltage on Analog input

I am using LabVIEW 6.0.2 and have the 6035E in one machine and 6036E in another. I am trying to read a DC voltage from a device into the DAQ to use in my Program. Everything else on the cards seem to work, but I cannot get it to read a voltage.. it always says -10v when the measurement is near 4v. I have a handheld DMM to verify the device readings but the DAq will not work.. I have tried DIFF, NRSE, RSE and none seem to work.. Maybe I am setting it out wrong?

Also what LV VIs should I use to get everything set-up properly?

Thanks
Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,664 Views)
I also wanted to add that I have tried using the Test Panels in the Automation Explorer with the same results
Jeff D.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,657 Views)
Hello jdebuhr,

It is odd that you would not get anything from the test panels. You said that you have two boards, are you having the same result on both boards? How exactely do you have your system configured (signal connection, software configuration)? If everything is connected right and you are reading from the correct channel, then it appears that your board might be defective.
Thanks for contacting national Instruments

Serges Lemo
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,623 Views)
Thanks for the help.. I did some more searching and found a few bent pins on the 68 Pin connector on my fixture.. The odd thing is some boards I tested prior to the trouble worked and the fixture had not moved..

but I have it working now!!
Jeff D.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,621 Views)
I am glad to see that it is working.
Thanks for trusting National Instruments

Serges Lemo
AE
National Instruments
0 Kudos