Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6024E AI 0 is measuring negative values when connected to a SCB-68A chassis ground lug.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having a problem with am LabVIEW  test application where I am getting negative values measured from a
PCI-6024E and I decided to isolate everything by only connecting the PCI-6024E that is inside my PC
to a NI SCB-68A breakout box.

I then connected a jumper wire from the SCB-68A chassis ground lug to pin 68 (AI 0) as this is the line that
I am measuring with my application and hardware test fixture and all measured values are Negative which
is why my application is failing.

With the AI0 line being grounded, shouldn't the value being measured from the NI MAX test panel measure zero volts?

Here is what I am seeing.

NI MAX Measurements.jpg

Any suggestions on how to correct this issue are appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,516 Views)

20V span with 12 bit resolution, 1 A/D count is 4.88mV. So you are within 1-2 counts of accuracy at presumably 0V.

This can be expected.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,507 Views)

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

20V span with 12 bit resolution, 1 A/D count is 4.88mV. So you are within 1-2 counts of accuracy at presumably 0V.

This can be expected.

-AK2DM

Thanks for the reply...

Is there a way to set this up so that the 1-2 counts of accuracy doesn't dip below zero?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,495 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author robojeff

@robojeff wrote:

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

This can be expected.

-AK2DM

The answer is a 0.01 ufd capacitor between the AI0 signal and ground helps a lot... 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,471 Views)