From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 4472 external trigger source

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All,

I have a PCI-4472B which I want to program in order to acquire a signal from channel 0 whenever it recives a TTL signal throw the External Trigger input.

I'm using a modified example but I don't know which is the name of the external trigger source. I always recive this kind of error (for example if I connect a string containing "EXT_TRIG"):

code: "-200265"

"DAQmx Start Task.vi:1<append>
<B>Property: </B>Start.AnlgEdge.Src
<B>Corresponding Value: </B>EXT_TRIG

<B>Task Name: </B>_unnamedTask<DB>"

The program I'm using is of this form:

Untitled.png

First of all, does this error mean that I didn't input the right external trigger source name?

If so, which is the right name of the external trigger source for NI4472B?

Thank you for help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,950 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tooooommi

Hello there,

The error pops up because there is no channel named EXT-TRIG. If you are receiving a trigger from channel 0, I think the best way is to specify the channel name in the `DAQmx Start Task`.  There is a terminal where you can specify the channel name and use that name as an string input for the trigger. I think this should solve the problem. 

I refered from this knowledge base. 

http://ae.natinst.com/public.nsf/webPreview/BEBB10D02D72798A8625736B0076B09A?OpenDocument

Also, seems like you have `start analog edge` trigger. Since you want to get TTL signal, why not try `start digital edge` trigger? 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,937 Views)

It was enough to select  "digital trigger edge", thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,887 Views)