From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 1200 board 2 channel acquisition error -10403

I have been acquiring single channel data using a PCI1200 board/Igor Pro 4.01 software and NIDAQ tools 1.22 on a Mac running OS 9.2.

I want to acquire triggered data traces on two channels simultanously. While I am able to run the acquistion in a continuous mode, when I try to acquire a single time limited trace on two channels simultaneously i get an error -10403.

Is this application possible using this board.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,140 Views)
Ben,

Your description makes it sound like you are attempting to perform a finite acquisition of two analog input channels. This is definitely possible with the PCI-1200. The description of error -10403 is the following:

"The specified device does not support the requested action (the driver recognizes the device, but the action is inappropriate for the device)."

It appears that the IGOR NIDAQ Tools software is making a call to the NI-DAQ driver that is not supported by the PCI-1200. Thus, you may want to verify with WaveMetrics that the IGOR NIDAQ Tools software supports this particular operation. Below, I have included a link to their support resources:

WaveMetrics Support Resources

Good luck with your application.

Spencer S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,140 Views)