Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output task continuity

Solved!
Go to solution

I have recently acquired a USB-6001 that will be used in a test fixture I am designing.

I am very experienced in LabVIEW, but mainly in instrument control, and not in DAQ devices.

Reading in data is fairly intuitive and simple, but I am having trouble understanding digital out tasks.

For instance...

I have a state diagram style test program (enum, while loop, and case structure). If in one step of the test, ie one case of my case structure, I want to set a digital output high, do I need to leave the task running for that output to stay high? Can I stop the output (using DAQmx Stop Task.vi) or even clear the task and have that output remain high? Is it more resource intensive if I keep that task open without clearing it? I will be changing that line later in the test, but should I keep the task open and running, or should I stop and/or clear the task?

I know, a lot of questions, but I'm trying to just cover my all my bases.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,672 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bshover

Digital lines will stay asserted after the task is clear. Running a task requires memory but unless you have rigid memory specifications it's easier to just leave the task running. I hope that answers your questions.

-Jayk

RF R&D
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(3,639 Views)