From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open DAQ Test Panel on Remote System

Solved!
Go to solution

Using the command line tool nidmfpan.exe you can open a test panel to a device on your system by specifying its name.  Here is an article describing it.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9B628A8B1B13136F86256DDB0004DE4D

But what isn't mentioned is how to call this function so it will open a test panel on an RT system.  This is possible because from MAX you can select the hardware and the same test panel opens, but I don't know the right way to call this EXE so it will open it.  Is there any place that the command line switches are documented for this program?  And what is the method of opening a test panel to a piece of DAQ hardware on a remote system?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,664 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hooovahh

Since no one was able to help me I figured it out myself.  If you call the nidmfpan.exe application with the command line switch /host: with the IP address of the remote system it works just fine.  I also discovered you can use the /dev: instead of the /devid: to specify the device by a unique identifier instead of the MAX alias.  So for example:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nidmfpan.exe /host:192.168.129.1 /dev:{84535FB2-8F2A-11E6-8061-00802F25AF78}

Or

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nidmfpan.exe /host:192.168.129.1 /devid:cDAQ1Mod2

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,620 Views)