cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omega USB Temp

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Guys,

So I just learned labview last week 🙂 its really fun, now the question.

- I am using an OM-USB-TEMp Module to take some temperature measurements. Omega has supplied with some of the Sub VI's so that i don't have to code as much 🙂 

- Writing to Excel though has been giving me some trouble, I keep getting an error of a "you have connected two terminals of two different termial types" I tried to use the Bundle option nothing. I have attached my program below if anyone can help

thanks

-Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,214 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Doki86

Chris,

I do not have the ULx VIs so I cannot be sure what is in those.

Many devices do not allow different tasks for the  same type of measurement on one device. You may need to combine the two temperature measurement into one task with two channels. Something like Dev0/Ti0:1.

I do not see any attempt to save to file. Create an array of the data and use Write to Spreadsheet File.vi. This creates a tab-delimited text file which can be read by Excel and many other programs and is very easy to use.

I do not see anythihg which sets the loop timing. It appears that you are using software timing for the data acquisition and have no Waits inside the loop. Elapsed Time.vi measures time but does not produce a delay.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,198 Views)

I am having trouble with ULx Labview using an Omega 2408 Daq. I set up a program to aquire temperature using a thermocouple. Set the device up to read it in Instcal then opened my VI and says not supported with channel, I noticed in example videos that channel was set to Dev0:Ti0 where mine only sets to Dev0:Ai0. So I set up a program to read the voltage. Now I can read the voltage but I can not get the voltage to convert to temperature. I have used the Convert Thermocouple Voltage to Temperature VI but it doesnt convert to Farenheit.

Please Help! Need for senior design project so I can make the program to start recording data to a file at steady-state.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,375 Views)

I do not have that exact conversion VI but it should be very easy to write your own conversion from one temperature scale to another.  I do not know of a temperature scale which is not linear, so this is easily within the scope of a senrior design project.

In your reports it might be a good idea to check the spelling: Fahrenheit.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,359 Views)

I am converting voltage to temperature, not one temperature scale to another. attached is what I have.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,331 Views)

Your attachment is missing.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,307 Views)

Apologizes,

here is the vi, I added the constant 0.3 and it returns around the equivalent temperature

thanks matt

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,292 Views)

Hi guys,

Do u know where I can find the subvi's for omega pt104?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,907 Views)

@Milo88newcastle wrote:

Do u know where I can find the subvi's for omega pt104?

Start here.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,892 Views)

Thank you very much for the hint.

I'm using a pt104A usb, and in the website you suggest, there are no .vi's for the usb pt100.

I tried the vi's in the folder pt104, but it doesn't work. A vi is missing, the pt1048.vi.

Any idea on where I can find the missing vi? Is it gonna work also for the Pt104usb?

Thank you very much for your help,

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,887 Views)