Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMEGA ULx Compatiblity issue

So, I'm currently working with the Omega OMB-DAQ-2416 hardware board, and I have installed NI LabVIEW 2014 SP1. Omega's ULx only supports between LabVIEW 8.5 and 2012, and while it does install off of the disk and I can use the example VI's, I cannot recognise the board from within LabVIEW, but have no issue with the other on-disk software. Is there some compatibility mojo I could pull, or is this just outside the scope of current LabVIEW without Omega releasing a newer VI layer on their end?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,598 Views)
I believe the device is actually made by Measurement Computing. The ULx driver certainly does. Check with them for a current driver. I don't quite understand how you can use the VIs but then say the device is not recognized.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,589 Views)

Thank you for your help, but when I have installed the latest version of MC's ULx Driver, I can select a VI example, (Analog Temperature) and run it, but it immediately errors out with the following prompt. 

Error 10001 occurred at ULx Create Channel (AI-Temperature).vi:2950001

Possible reason(s):

Measurements: Device cannot be accessed. Possible causes:

Device is no longer present in the system.
Device is not powered.
Device is powered, but was temporarily without power.
Device is removed from InstaCal.
Device is damaged.

Ensure the device is properly connected and powered. Turn the computer off and on again. Make sure device is detected by InstaCal

Attempting to select an option in the Physical Channel menu leaves me with a browse option. I click that, it spawns a blank "Select Options" popup, that has no hardware available to choose from, despite the Omega being plugged in and configured with Instacal. This has been consistant behavior both with the On Disk ULx and the latest one from MC.

My apologies for the ambiguous explanation before, and I hope that we're both on the right page now. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,582 Views)

Cany you please attach your code and give more details about how you are trying to connect?

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,559 Views)

Using the USB cable on the OMEGA after configuring it with Instacal and making sure that it can and will recieve data with Tracer DAQ. I'm using the Stock Temperature example, so the VI comes with the ULx Install, and is probably broken without it. 

EDIT: VI is in the .lib file.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,553 Views)

Thanks for uploading the VI,

I was checking it and i found some things that worry me. I have found out this document: 

http://www.mccdaq.com/PDFs/manuals/QS%20ULx%20for%20NI%20LabVIEW.pdf

Please check this document and try to check your VI, since i do not see a start function or the timming configuration. I almost sure that is the issue 

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,545 Views)