Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy 9203 Module

I am using two 9203 modules to measure a number of 4-20mA inputs and the readings are quite noisy. At present I dont know whether it is line frequency noise or random noise but all channels are affected in a similar way. A quick search of this formum reveals that it is quite a common problem with this module and some people have replaced them with 9208's but unfortunately I am stuck with using these modules.  Is there a way to filter the signals by creating a task in MAX? I am using OPC to connect with my application, I am not using Labview.

I have tried measuring the same inputs using a compact fieldpoint module and it works perfectly so clearly my sigals are 'measurable' under the right conditions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,815 Views)

Hi Software_Monkey,

There could be a few reasons why there is noise in your channels the following document can be very useful in finding the cause: 

Link: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3344/en/

With regards to filtering in NI-MAX using the create task function as far as I'm aware is not possible.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,767 Views)