Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No supported devices found

I remember seeing somewhere that the TC01 does actually use HID.dll to communicate with the device... since almost every computer and smartphone on the planet has some variation of this driver there's no additional drivers (like daqmx) required to use it.  We use that same DLL on one of our products for that reason.

Because of the HID interface, try shutting off or uninstalling anything like dell setpoint for mouse/pointer controls...

Another thing that's helpful is to clear out disconnected/detached devices.  XP/2K's Device Manager could display and uninstall them with an environment variable, win7 has no such options.  Download/install "Device Remover", then "show only hidden/detached devices", and check/remove the ones that look like HID devices (I usually clear out "unknown devices" while i'm in there).

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(2,359 Views)

Thanks for your response.  You may not have seen my reply since it was about a minute before yours, but I found out that it was a preloaded program called "Dell Stage" that was causing the conflict.   Still not sure why they are locking out HID devices from other drivers, but my problem is resolved.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(2,352 Views)

Did see it. 

I'm guessing since it kind of "takes over" your machine, puts it into a kiosk-type mode, that all kbd/mouse and other HID input modes (which would include touchscreens, pen/tablet input, barcode scanners, our base stations, TC01's... anything that uses HID) would get piped into that kiosk program. 

For that reason, any new computer I buy, first thing I do is reinstall the OS off the recovery discs... i hate that garbage mfgr's pack onto factory images. :lame

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(2,345 Views)

Hi all,

I had exactly the same problem on my brnad new Dell XPS 15! TC 01 was recognized by MAX (not always) and the launch .exe was coming on my screen. Tried to launch it but did not work since I got the same message as you! Self-test did not work and making it work in VB also gave me the same errors. It was working on my pior PC though...

I tested it on both USB 2.0 and 3.0 on my new laptop, but that didn't change anything... I disabled the Dell Stage and it still did not work. I thus closed Accuweather and it worked!! Just great guys!! I repaired DAQmx and MAX several times and had all the latest software, too, but that was of no help!

Thx for the job!

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(2,324 Views)

Hello,

I have the exact problem as the users above, however I have tried all solutions begining with the knowledge based articles, all suggestions on this thread, and any other solutions I could find on the USBTC-01 support page, but to no avail. I do not have a Dell, but Velocity Micro running Windows XP, about 2 years old. USB 3.0. Autoplay works on other PCs in the lab, but not on the one I need. Checked that devices are started, disabled one by one all other autoruns. Updated firmware, installed latest NI Device Drivers 2012.02, "Clear all device associations"... but still getting "No supported deviced found." message. Please help!

Thanks,

Lauren

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(2,300 Views)

Lauren, 

Does there seem be anything else (at all) running in the background on this particular machine?  Including any antivirus or firewall software (or any that may be inherent in your Lab's network)?

Also, could you gather some screenshots of your Device Manager on that machine showing the USB host controller and the TC-01 when it is connected?  A second screenshot when the TC-01 is disconnected would be helpful as well.  In addition, a screenshot displaying your computer's specifications would be great in case there is a compatibility issue that may need to be addressed.

Regards,

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(2,283 Views)

Hi Chris,

Nothing running in the background - I disabled the firewall, antivirus autoprotect, and even Windows Update, but same message till appears. We also have a timer running in the background to track log in times, diabled and disconnected this as well.

See images, attached.

Thanks,

Lauren

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(2,272 Views)

Thank you for the additional information, I am looking in to this issue further, but unless we find some conflicting software it is possible that this is an issue with the USB 3.0 framework (even though it SHOULD be backwards compatible with 2.0).

In the event that some other NI software is causing this issue, could you provide a MAX technical report? (in MAX, file>>create report>>Technical support report for 'My System').

Thanks,

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(2,246 Views)

Hi,

Thanks,

Problem resolved - Disabled Accuweather.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(2,218 Views)