Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No proper signal with NI-4351 card

Hello,

I am trying to use a NI-4351 for temperature  measurement (together with TX-68T connector block). However, I don't get a proper signal in our laboratory. Using the MaX  and looking at  the test panel: there is sometimes the right voltage but most of the time  the signal is noisy or even more than that: it is jumping to the maximum and minimum of the voltage range (for every voltage range).
In an another building with another supply circuit the signal is okay. So we suppose an EMC problem: Together with the Elec. department we have disconnected all "critical" consumers- no change, also filtering the supply of the PC has no effect.
Can you propose a special supply voltage filter? The noise frequency is very low (less than 1 Hz). Other lab cards and electronic devices work properly under the same conditions. Has anyone ever had this kind of problem? Any solutions?

Thank you.

Bernhard
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,408 Views)
have you checked, if the camera is changing the channels  during the acquisition.?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,388 Views)

?? Sorry, which camera?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,383 Views)
sorry for my confusing answer,

please exchange camera with board Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,381 Views)

okay, but I don't know how to do it. Is there any possbility to do this in the MAX? Or can I access the card directly (without MAX?)? Or do I have to check hardware pins? Because at the moment I am using 2 virtual channels to make a readout in LabView and these virtual channels are not representing a real hardware information.

Bernhard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,377 Views)
sorry for my incomplete answer;

some 4351 boards have the problem  changing the channel during measurement,
because of this you get these incorrect values
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,374 Views)
I don't want to bother, but if a understand well: sending the card back to NI and asking for a new one could be a solution?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,371 Views)
this could be an option,

but first please test, if this could be the error
e.g. connecting known signal to the ports, and the processing the measurement
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,353 Views)