Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DAQ Assistant in Input

I'm new to LabView and have installed a USB-6009 (the data logger application works fine).  I'm trying to create a VI according to the tutorial instructions but there is no DAQ Assistant in the Input window.  Is there another way to create the VI or is there something wrong with my software installation?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(16,020 Views)
Hello Digitelle,

The DAQ Assistant is a DAQmx technology and it is available when you install this driver on your computer.
There are two reason  s that the DAQ Assistant is not present in the functions palette.
    -> you installed the drivers NI-DAQmx base that not support the DAQ Assistant but support the usb-6009
    -> you installed the drivers DAQmx before install LabVIEW.

I suggest you to install or to reinstall the driver NI-DAQmx that can be downloaded under Drivers and Updates.
    Product line    Multifunction DAQ
    Software         NI-DAQmx
    Version           The last one (actually 8.3.1)
    System           -

Best regards
Nick_CH

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(16,017 Views)

Question:

Does NI-DAQmx 9.2.3 support Labview 7.1?

I am having the same problem.  I am using Labview 7.1 with NI-DAQmx 8.9.5.

Itried to install it after Labview 7.1 but still I don't see the NI DAQ assistant in Labview.

Any help?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(14,363 Views)

Version 8.9 is the latest with support for LabVIEW 7.1. See here.

Message 4 of 21
(14,349 Views)

I have Labview 7.1.1 and installed the 9.3.2 DAQmx driver, then realized I needed a lower one and installed the 8.9 DAQmx driver, but I still don't have the DAQ assistant in my palette.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(14,125 Views)

LK48,

Typically when this happens it means LabVIEW Support wasn't installed with your DAQmx driver. To fix this, you can either uninstall/reinstall your DAQmx drivers, or you can modify this installation through add/remove programs.

1. Open Add/Remove Programs

2. Select National Instruments Software

3. In the window that appears, select your NI DAQmx 8.9 driver.

4. Press the modify button

5. In the installation window that pops up, expand Application Support and select LabVIEW support. 

6. Check to install this component.

Kind Regards,

Allie

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(14,104 Views)
Spoiler

Hi Allie
I have same problem with my Labview and connection with DAQmx 
When I try to download DAQmx 9.1.1, a problem appears
''You already have a higher version 4.6(mesurement and automation explorer)
and it's automatically stopped without dowloading DAQ to input.
Can You Help me please.

Thanks a lot. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(13,562 Views)

Hi Bacik,

Measurement & Automation explorer downloads automatically with DAQmx, although  Measurement & Automation Explorer 4.6.2, which is newer than MAX 4.6, should install with DAQmx 9.1.1. You should be able to download and install DAQmx without installing Measurement & Automation explorer. Make sure that you're downloading from this website: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2034/lang/en, and that you're downloading a version of DAQmx that is compatible with your OS and version of LabVIEW, which you can check here http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B0D5630C0A50D5C6862578E800459248. If the problem persists, try uninstalling DAQmx and Measurement & Automation Explorer, and then reinstall them from NI's website. If you still receive errors after that, post back with a screenshot of the error that you are receiving.

Best,

Dan N

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(13,529 Views)

I have a copy of Labview 2011 (I think it's a regular/professional version) I got from a special class/program at my school.  On both my laptop and desktop, no matter what I do, in Labview there is no DAQ assistant in the input menu.  I have installed the latest version of DAQMX.  On my desktop, I even uninstalled it and installed it again.

My Signal Express works fine (with it's own DAQ Assistant) and it even properly loads the DAQ Assistant on it's own startup.  Still, there is no DAQ Assistant in the Input menu for Labview 2011.  I'm trying to get this to work soon, and will probably try reinstalling Labview 2011 later today, which from previous forum entries has not been a recomnended solution.

Does anyone have an idea of what to do, besides reinstalling the DAQMX, which I've already done?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(13,269 Views)

I had the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(13,267 Views)