From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni-USB-6009 digital imput for Monarch optical sensor

I am trying to input diagital data from Monarch optical sensor to NI-USB-6009 DAQ.

So far I am only able to see True or False from signalexpress after connecting the optical sensor, how can I make it show RPM?

Here is the manual of the therometer: http://www.monarchinstrument.com/pdfs/1071-4849-110R_ROLS24-W.pdf

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,345 Views)

Could you specify on which pins you are connecting your optical sensor?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,309 Views)

I am connecting signal input to PFI 0 which is the counter now. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,305 Views)

What I understand from the operating instructions of your optical sensor, it outputs a TRUE value every time the object does a revolution. So by measuring the amount of times it outputs a TRUE value in one minute you will be able to determine the RPM. On signal express you will only be able to see the signal but not the RPM value. If you want to do that I would recommend to create a LV VI that can detect the change of values of your sensor and then count the amount of time the sensor outputs a TRUE value. That way you can compute the RPM.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,284 Views)

It seems the only way can make it work.

I have tried counter port on the DAQ PFI, it was able to read the counting up of number, and that is all it could do.

I am thinking to buy an individual display for the optical sensor, which can help me to make my life easier instead of getting into world of Labview.

Thanks for your replies Inachosa!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,279 Views)

Sure you are welcome. If you find that easier go for it!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,269 Views)