Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newport PCS application errors with

< vendor="" has="" been="" contacted="" and="" has="" no="" idea="">
We have a Newport Laser Weld station running Newport PCS software (GUI and programming interface). It has a "Vision" option that apparently stopped working when the client loaded a Beta version of Newport's latest software, Integra. Both support code segments in VB.
When I tried to enable the Vision option, I got an error from their engine LWEngine "Cannot load Nidaq32.dll"
When I found and regsrv32 nidaq32 from c:\winnt\system32, I got the following regsvr32 error:
"c:\winnt\system32.dll was loaded, but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. DLLRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of c:\winnt\
system32.dll may be in memory. Consider using Pview to detect and remove it."
Rebooting did not clear this, and I'm a bit leary of using PView after reading Microsoft's description, plus if it were an orphaned process, a hard reboot would still kill it. By now I think I should NOT have regsvr32 the file, but I get the same type of error trying to Unregister it (/u).
I tried:
1. removing NIDAQ with add/remove programs
2. reloading NI-488.2 and reconfiguring GPIB
3. Installing what I believe to be the correct (earlier) version of NIDAQ (v 5.1 downloaded from natinst).

I think that when the client loaded the "latest and greatest" beta software, they ended up with a version mismatch on one or more files. I just don't know how to correct it (I do not have access to their code).

FYI: I am now getting a Service Control Manager error on reboots: "At leaset on service or driver failed during system startup. Use Event logger to examine the event log for details."

Any advice o
r pointers would be most appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Beth
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,427 Views)
Hello Beth,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.

What programming language are you using? Are you using any NI DAQ cards?

The attached utility, MSIBlast, should remove all National Instruments related software from your computer, including nidaq32.dll. Once you have done this, you can reinstall whatever NI Software you need. If this does not work, please post the steps you took to generate the error.

I hope this helps,

Sean C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,427 Views)
Hello Beth,
I would recommend examining the Event Log (Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Event Viewer >> System) and determining which service(s) failed to start. If any of the NI kernel components failed to start, this might explain the loading errors you are reporting. You might try uninstalling all NI Driver Software listed in Add/Remove Programs, confirm that all National Instruments drivers are deleted from "system32\drivers" (normally we use filenames that follow the pattern ni*.*, but please also check the file properties to confirm that they are from National Instruments), and then reinstall the versions recommended by your vendor's software. Otherwise, please provide us with additional details about the system affected,
software versions installed, and the errors reported so that we may assist you further.

Sincerely,
Jeremiah
Staff Product Support Engineer -- Systems Software
National Instruments -- http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,427 Views)