From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New signals to cDAQ not working

Hi there,

I have a cDAQ-9178 with NI9207 (AI), NI9265 (AO), 2* NI9213 (TC), NI9375 (DIO) installed.  Everything was working fine.

We then added additional signals:

- 1 new AO to one new NI9265

- 1 new DI to existing NI9375

- 4 new TCs to existing NI9213.

Since the additions, the new TC signals work fine, the existing AI, AO, TC signals all work fine.  But I cannot get the new DI and new AO signals to work. Is there a specific step in the set up that needs to be done?  I did not set up the original system so I'm unfamiliar with set up requirements.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,869 Views)
Since you have not explained how you actually added the new connections or how they were originally configured, it's hard to say what you did wrong. You should have been able to add the new channels to your existing tasks. The talks could exist in MAX, the project, or on the block diagram. Please provide details and code/block diagram image.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,852 Views)

If you're specifically referring to the software aspect of the new connections - I just changed in the settings in the VIs.

I've attached screenshots of the old and new VIs.  In the "Old1.png" and "New1.png" the selected channels changed with the new connections.  Again the thermocouple ones work fine.  But not the digital input.

In "New2.png" the entire connection for the 1 channel analogue output is new.  No luck on this new connection.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,824 Views)

We got it to work!  There were mistakes in the wiring.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,797 Views)