Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative polarity problem

I'm using in my dynamic force project the USB-6210,  'PCB 201B04 pozitive compression force sensor' and PCB 480B21 sinal conditioner.

Altough i restricted the 6210 input range to 0-5 V but i saw negative value as attached file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,704 Views)

Hi uOzkan-

The chart you posted has values listed in Newtons.  What is the output range of your sensor?  Does it output 0-5V?  What does this signal conditioner do?  Your 6210 may still be seeing 0-5V, but 0.01V may correspond to a negative value in Newtons (?).  You may try placing an oscilloscope on your sensor/signal conditioner to see what voltage it is actually outputting.

I hope this helps.  Best of luck with your application!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,663 Views)

It should also be noted that there isn't a 0V-5V input range on the USB-6210, only ±5V.  As a result, even if you set the input range to 0V-5V, the actual range is ±5V and thus negative values can be returned if they are measured by the device.

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,660 Views)

And of course setting the range to 0-5 with the DAQmx configure channel does nothing to change the actual range of the card which is +/-5V.

Message 4 of 8
(3,659 Views)

OK.

Altough i have changed the input voltage rate to nominal, no any difference.

Could you analyse my vi. Because of i have checked all of my hardware. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,589 Views)

Hi uOzkan-

Just looking at your VI doesn't seem to raise any red flags.  You are doing a lot of manipulation to your data, however.  It could be that you are multiplying things wrong, or indexing your arrays incorrectly.  Is you data negative if you just look at it raw?  Meaning, before you perform any arithmetic, what are the values - are they negative?  You say you have analyzed your hardware - have you verified that the signal coming into your hardware is positive?

I hope this helps.  Happy New Year!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,530 Views)

Dear GarPar,

This is most probably ground problem because of some noise pick signal up of pigtail connection. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,528 Views)

uOzkan-

That could very well be the case.  Try changing wires/connectors to see if this fixes the issue.  As I said before, your code seems fine at first glance.

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,507 Views)