Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to use AT-MIO-16E-2 to write MX code for PCI-6221 M SERIES that is installed in another system

Hello to all,

My Systems:

System 1
PCI-6221 M series card
LabVIEW 7.1 Express
Code developed using MX environment
WinXP

System 2
AT-MIO-16E-2 Card
LabVIEW 7.1 Express
So far do not see MX as an option (ran "default" install with this card)
WinXP

Here is my issue and 2 questions:
I installed a PCI-6221 M series card in a customer's PC. I am running the newest versions of LabVIEW Express (7.1) with WinXP. I used the standard LabVIEW installation to develop their code on that PC, including the M-Series disk. They now have a running application that is not quite complete. That system is in a different state. I need to go there and update some code in a few days, and I would like to develop that code at home, then port it to their machine. I have another computer at home. On it is installed an AT-MIO-16E-2. I have so far ran the standard LabVIEW Express (7.1) development system installation. Of course LabVIEW is smart enough to sense what kind of card I have and installed the appropriate software for that card, which I believe means that MX is NOT installed.

MY QUESTIONS?

1. Can I use DAQmx with AT-MIO-16E-2 and then port the code (with minor modifications) to the other machine?
2. What do I need to manually install on my machine with the AT-MIO-16E-2 card to enable this?

I thought I read that you can run MX on older boards by installing a patch. But I also need to know what software to install from the LabVIEW disks.

Many thanks for all your help,
Max
Message 1 of 3
(2,692 Views)
Daq Mx does not support AT devices. As far as I know, Ni never released a patch for daqMX to run AT devices.

You can still write your own code using DaqMx on system 2, but you cannot debug it. You may look at some NI daqMx examples that ship with LabView and modify them slightly to fit you work with the M series card.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,685 Views)
Hi MaxMotion,

Your AT-MIO-16E-2 card is only supported in Traditional NI-DAQ. You can not use DAQmx with that card. When you installed NI-DAQ (7.2 or greater) DAQmx was installed on your machine. The DAQmx VI's should show up in LabVIEW in the "NI Measurements" pallette. You can develop your DAQmx application in the sense that you can build the block diagram. However, you will not be able to run your application on the AT board.

-Sal
Message 3 of 3
(2,670 Views)