From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIDAQmx.lib examples linking problem

hello,
I am having trouble linking the NIDAQmx exaample Acq-IntClk-AnlgStart

I get the following error:

Searching NIDAQmx.lib:
Found _DAQmxGetTaskAttribute
Referenced in Acq-IntClk-AnlgStart_Fn.obj
Loaded NIDAQmx.lib(nicaiu.dll)
NIDAQmx.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x40f3d5e2
Error executing link.exe.

Im using VC++ V4, on WinXP and PCI-6220.

also i am getting no options to set the voltage input terminal config. to RSE as in previous measurement and automation utilities. is this treated differently for this card. Cant locate the info.

Thanks
Greg
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,951 Views)
Hi,

Are you able to run any of the NI-DAQmx C shipping examples? They are built to run in Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0. So I am not sure whether or not you will have a problem in V4. Can you get ahold of a MSVC 6.0 to give it a try?

What version of NI-DAQ are you using? The latest is NI-DAQ 7.3. A clean install of the newest driver version couldn't hurt.

Also, about the input configuration. The input configuration is set when you create your analog input task. For example, you would use the following function to make an AI task:

DAQmxCreateAIVoltageChan
int32 DAQmxCreateAIVoltageChan (TaskHandle taskHandle, const char physicalChannel[], const char nameToAssignToChannel[], int32 terminalConfig, float64 minVal, float64 maxVal, int32 units, const char customScaleName[]);

You see that in the parameters, you will specify the terminalConfig for that channel.

-Sal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,940 Views)
The VC++ import library format changed between VC5 and VC6. So the VC import library shipped with DAQmx only supports VC6 and up. If you don't have VC6 or higher, you can still compile against NIDAQmx.h; you'll just have to call LoadLibrary on nicaiu.dll and load function pointers dynamically.

Joe
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,938 Views)
thank you all for your suggestions.

I am using MS VC++ V6 now and this problem has gone.

Greg Giannis
Victoria University
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,931 Views)