Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIDAQ traditional Visual Basic .NET

Hello,

I have NIDAQ 7.3 installed on a Windows XP machine. I do not have Measurement Studio. The ".NET Languages Support" is installed.

My application is very simple: N externally triggered voltage readings on 1 input channel with a PCI-6052E board.

All I need is basically the sample program called "DAQsingleBufExtConv_Eseries" which works perfectely fine with Visual Basic 5. It uses NIDAQ traditional functions such as DAQ_Start and DAQ_VScale.

My problem comes when I want to upgrade that program to .NET Visual Basic. After proper conversion of the language, I get an unstable behavior: uncomplete data acquisition or program aborts. Does it have to do with the particular structure of arrays in .NET languages? Can this be simply solved keeping the NIDAQ traditional functions?

I understand that one can write .NET programs but is it absolutely necessary to buy Measurement Studio to do this? I actually found a couple of sample .NET/NIDAQmx programs in the NI folder on my system but I miss the proper help files to understand how they work.

Any help will be welcome.
Pascal.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,535 Views)
Pascal,

I think that the answers to most of the questions that you have are explained in much better detail here:
Programming NI-DAQ in Text-Based Languages
Don't forget to check out the related links section for even more details.

First off, I would reinstall the ".NET Language Support" by reinitializing the driver install. Once you do that you should find plenty of examples in the
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2003\DotNET\Examples.

Even if you don't have Measurement Studio, the examples will still be placed here. Most of our example programs contain enough documentation to easily understand what is being done. For me the most difficult part is just learning how .NET behaves differently than other languages.

While having Measurement Studio is not necessary for running a .NET program, it does make programming such an application much easier.
Message 2 of 2
(2,499 Views)