Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIDAQ 6062E seen as PCMCIA MTD-002 and cannot be started (error code 10)

Hello,
I'm trying a NIDAQ 6062E pcmcia card on an HP pavilion 3240EA running winxp-pro-sp2 but it cannot be recognized correctly.
After installing latest NI drivers from this website I plug in the pcmcia and it is seen as PCMCIA MTD-002 and cannot be started (error code 10) if I manually set it to NIDAQ 6062E (via hardware->update drivers->manually select) the problem doesn't change at all.
I tried on other pcs and with others pcmcia but this seems to be a problem just between this two models.
Any idea?

thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(10,996 Views)
Hi,
you say you have been trying the DAQCard on other laptops.
Is it working in those computers?
If it is not working on different computers and youu are running the latest NI-DAQ Driver version (7.3) then your card might need repairing.
Just contact our Technical support team to get it repaired

+39.02.41.30.92.17

Regards,

AlessioD
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(10,989 Views)
yes it does, it's just on the hhp pavilion that it is not recognized.
I tried the daqcard on a presario, an amilo and on an armada.

thanks for your help

Matteo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(10,983 Views)
PS: does anybody knows what a pcmcia mtd-002 card is?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(10,984 Views)
Hi,
it seems like you are having problems with some settings on your specific machine.
Looking at this Microsoft Knowledgebase article it appears that there is something wrong with the IRQ routing on your PC:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B327947#appliesto

What I suggest is to check if there is anything specific to ISA/PCI routing in your BIOS and then check your windows registry for the keys mentioned in the article above.
Beware that editing the registry could lead to unexpected behaviour if not done correctly. Read carefully the documentation provided by microsoft.

Best Regards,
AlessioD
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(10,964 Views)