cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI9232 Suitable for PCB-356A02 Acceleration Sensor

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i need to measure acceleration(s) for a "Head-Impact" Test. My boss already ordered a 3-Axis (but only 2-Axis needed) Acceleration Sensor, which can be found here: http://www.synotech.de/produkte_skript/downloads/specs/356A02_specs.pdf .

A Testengineer in my company (im a "working student" there) recommended the NI9232 DAQ for data aquisition, but im not sure if its the best fit. the +/- 30V range is already to much, so ill have to amplify the sensor signal. But is it even possible to connect the sensor (not directly  the sensor, but this supply unit: http://www.synotech.de/produkte_skript/downloads/manuals/482C05_manual.pdf ) with a bnc connector? The article-number he gave to me was "782000-01", but that version doesnt have bnc inputs as far as ive seen.

Im sorry if this post is a bit confusing as i have little time.

Best regards,

Alexander Malter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,354 Views)

Hi there,

I would strongly suggest you to contact your local National Instruments sales person  to discuss with him your project. 

Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,340 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ridcully

With a 6kHz bandwidth nealy any IEPE devive with  20kHz samplerate and two channels will do the job.

The 30V range isn't the problem, the resolution is still high enough, with about 2% to 5% uncertaincy of the sensor 10bit (8bit) residual resolution will do the job.  with a 60V input range and 10V output range (ok, say you sensor application only uses less than 4V... you loose about 4 bit of your cards ENOBs)

The challanging part is the connector 🙂

The datasheet tell it's a 1/4-28 4pin connector. and usually the NI IEPE devices have a BNC...   so you need an adaptor (ask synotech, or your boss already ordered one ;)) 

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,327 Views)

Thanks for your help, the cable is not the problem, because we already ordered the appropiate one.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,265 Views)