From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI platform service error -50400

Hi all,

I am working on the PCI-6723,and labview 7.1 and DAQmx driver 7.2.
Iam generating 2 channel sine waves and 2 channel dc voltages, and the values can be changed in run time. but when iam running this module some times i got one strange NI PLATFORM SERVICE ERROR -50400 indicating TIME OUT HAS OCCURED .but when i restarted the services like nipxrmu and nidevldu then this error goes off, but after some time again this error occurs , how can i get rid of from this service error permanently.

windows 2000 os

Regards
rajesh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,712 Views)
Rajesh,

I happened to have a PCI-6723 at my desk, and I ran your code with no problems. How long did it take for your problems to occur? The code has been running for about 10 minutes now for me.

There are a few differences between my system and yours that could potentially be the cause of the problem. First, I am using NI-DAQ 7.3. Upgrading the 7.3 would be the easiest change that you could make. Second, I am using Windows XP instead of Windows 2000. If possible, I would try changing these two things.

Reply back if you still have problems.

Regards,
Anuj D.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,698 Views)
Hi anuj
thanks for your reply,
Iam running the programme for hours together like 5-7 hours test,along with that vi iam also doing retriving the serial data and parsing and calculations like some 4-6 parallel while loops will be running continuously.
i think this timeout operation is coming bcos for daqmx since in order to execute that loop its taking 4-5 seconds.
i think i have go for OS XP and P4 PROCESSOR , presently iam using P3 800 mz ,probably its stopping the services at some places ,do u suggest me any modifications in the attached programme that loads fast and runs fast.

Regards
Rajesh
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,692 Views)
Hi, I've been running your example for the past couple of days, and I was a little surprised to find that you actually create 4 sine waveforms, but it seems you're passing a frequency of 0 to two of them in order to create your DC signals. The result is always 2 waveforms with all points at 0. Is this the desired behavior?
Could you tell me which vi returns the 50400?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,684 Views)
Hi
nierror code="-50400
The transfer did not complete within the timeout period or within the specified number of retries.occurs at DAQmx write , as soon as this error occurs i opened the MEASUREMENT AND AUTOMATION and tried to run the test pannel but its flagged that DEVICE SELF TEST FAILS .This error occurs only with DAQmx write , since i have purchased pci-6723 which is having 32 analog outputs i would like to use atleast 16 channels for generation purpose then this error will occurs frequently,i even checked that the sine wave vi takes 3.86 seconds to generate a sine wave if this is the case what i have to do ?
since you have viewed my programme iam using sine wave vi for generation of sine wave generation and also for dc signal , is there any possibility to change my programme for generating dc signals,so that this time out operation will not appear.

Regards
Rajesh
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,668 Views)
OK, this information is quite useful, thank you. There are two possible problems that would cause that behavior and I need to isolate which one it is, so that then we can determine what is causing it and can solve the whole thing. I need you to reproduce the problem please and then run self test (it should fail, as you stated before) and after that try to reset the device. Please let me know what the result is, make sure to write down the error information. At this point I suspect that the problem is either in the hardware (the pci bus, the chipset, the 6723 itself, or the combination of them) or the result of a traditional DAQ operation. I fyou could also tell me what other vis you are running at the same time as the one you attached it might help pinpoint the source.

Greetings

Daniel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,662 Views)
Hi DANIEL ,

Well thanks for your suport , i have run the self test , the error report as follows ,

The device self test has failed error report from the device driver is as follows
-200020 occured at self test .
possible reasons
device self test has failed.

1) can i install only DAQmx drivers 7.3

Note : since iam working for aerospace project kindly suggest some tips

Thanks in advance

Regards
Rajesh
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,652 Views)