Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI example on synchronization of multiple channels

Dear users, 

I have a question related with one of the NI examples available online. The attached image shows two simple channels (one AI and one DI). The AI Voltage task creates a < Get Full Terminal Name > function which basically takes the task created and a terminal ( i guess the ai/SampleClock) and makes it as one. Then it shares this < sample clock > with the other channel (DI) in its source. Then, it does the same with the trigger. which means it shares a digital start trigger with the DI task. Can anyone please provide me with some clarifications related with this example?

1) If we want to share start triggers (Hardware-based) and clocks with other channels, do we always need to use this < Get Full Terminal Name > function in one of the tasks and then share it with multiple tasks?

2) If we have two, three or five channels in one single task (i.e. voltage, voltage) and we have another one task Digital Input, how is this going to affect the DAQ? I guess its not going to make much difference. 

3) Is this method applicable for syncrhonisation of multiple modules (i.e. 3 modules)?

4) How do we know which PFI line shall we use for the trigger? A module can have multiple ones. Are there any basic criteria for the selection of it? 

Regards, 

Mari

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,819 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,754 Views)