Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB 6361A to LabVIEW DAQmx -- plot shows 2x amplitude

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using an Agilent Arbitrary Function Gen (33250A) to send a 100mVpp 1Hz sine wave to an NI DAQ (USB 6361A). I have a LabVIEW VI that captures the DAQ data using the DAQmx tool. When I plot these data, it shows a 200mVpp sine wave. I checked the datasheet for the Agilent function generator and the datasheet for the DAQ, and I didn't find any multiplication factors. I also looked through all the settings on in the DAQmx tool, and I didn't find any multiplication factors.

Where would this x2 be originating from? I have attached a screen shot of my BD and FP, as well as the VI.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,378 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author return_of_the_mack

Hi return_of_the_mack,

I would not expect you to find any multiplication factors. I would suggest using a DMM or oscilloscope (if you have one) to look at the signal coming from the function generator to confirm its amplitude is as expected.

I do not think the USB 6361 is broken but you could wire an analog output to an analog input and check that it still reads correctly using MAX Test Panels. I suspect you would not see the increase in amplitude at that point.

Nolan H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,335 Views)

You were correct. I measured the function generator using an oscilloscope, and it was outputing 2x the expected Vpp.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,322 Views)