Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-6251

Some customers report a problem with loosing usb-6251 devices. DAQ Versions 9.1.7 and higher are used on Windows7 32-bit and 64-bit. 

Is there any known issue with this types of devices together with Windows7 (e.g Windows does not wake up usb ports, devices) ?

I was not able to reproduce this problem.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,391 Views)

Hi mnuts,

there are no general issues with the USB-6251. I suggest that you always use the lastest version of NI-DAQmx. Please always have a look at the readme document before installing to make sure your development environment is compatible with the respective version of DAQmx.

What is the status of the device's LED when it is "lost"? Does it happen regularly? Is your customer able to reproduce the behavior?

Maybe this document clarifies what to expect when connecting the device to a PC:

Why is the Ready LED Not On When My USB DAQ is Powered?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BF4B308389E2C5648625718C004E61CB?OpenDocument

Regards, Topper

Message 2 of 4
(3,371 Views)

I have a program that was working that takes thermocouple input from the USB-6251. It now gives me an error 229771.

Does anyone know what this error refers to?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,007 Views)

Hi there.  I am also running into a similar situation where my XP machine frequently 'looses' communication with my USB-6251.  I am running DAQmx 9.6.2.  Has there been any movement on this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,831 Views)