Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-USB 6212

Hi ,

I want to generate a previously recorded signal using the analog output of NI- USB 6212 daq. The signal is hard to model mathematically. Is it possible to somehow regenerate the signal on the analog output using previously recorded file.

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,659 Views)
That depends on how you recorded the signal - whether it contains the sample rate information and what the sample rate is. You can acquire at a much higher rate than you can output so that is an obvious limiting factor.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,656 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Sample rate information is avaialable.. I just dont know if the NI- DAq can read the log file (the log file is available in many formats , .csv even .lvm) and output it at the Analog Output ?

Could you please let me know if that is possible ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,643 Views)
Your program reads the file, not DAQmx. Why do you think you can't read a file that you created?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,638 Views)

It is a .lvm file created when I recorded analog signals using NI USB-6212 analog input on the PC using Labview.. All I want to do is reproduce the recorded singal on the Analog output of the DAQ. I dont know how to do that.. that's why I was asking if anybody can suggest some vi or functions to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,622 Views)
You would use the opposite of what you used to save the data to file. If you used the Write to Measurement File, then the Read to Measurement File would work. You have a whole palette of file I/O functions. What have you tried? Did you write the code that saved the data?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,618 Views)