Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-6009

I have NI 6009 daq card and i want to measure 3 phase voltage and current through it. Please help me how to convert 440V for voltage measurement and how to measure current through 6009.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,822 Views)
you can use resistor or transmitter for current
and for 440 v you can use converter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,798 Views)

Thanks for reply. But I want detailed description of intermediate hardware used for measurement of 3-Phase power supply.

how to convert 3 phase supply in low voltage as well as current for take mesurements through DAQ card as I am new in LABView.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,774 Views)

you need some thing like this
http://www.hcs1.com/current_transducers_cr4310.htm
for current also you can use resistor based on
V=IR for this one if you know your current maximum you can find appropriate R for v=10 volt

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,770 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,769 Views)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,764 Views)
your wellcome
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,753 Views)

If you need to ask this kind of question, then you almost certainly do not know enough to do it safely. Make sure that you have someone who is qualified and certified to check your circuit diagram and the way you have implemented before you turn anything on.

Do you know what the fault level and arc-flash hazard of this 440 V system is?

Make sure you have fuses at all points where your instrumentation connects to the power circuit.

What, exactly are you trying to measure? Energy consumption over time? Power factor and phase imbalance? instantaneous voltage & current in an inverter driven system? Each will have different instrumentation requirements. Consider isolation amplifiers, e.g. Agilent  HCPL-7800A/HCPL-7800.

Disclaimer: Adivce on the internet is worth what you pay for it.

Message 8 of 8
(3,741 Views)