From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-6009 connected through a wireless device server

I have a NI USB-6009 which I am trying to connect through a wireless device server (Pricom SX-3700WB). This is a device that changes a USB signal to a Wireless 802.11b signal. I have installed the software that came with the NI USB-6009. I have plugged the DAQ directly into the computer and It works fine. I can see the DAQ in the Measurement & Automaiton Explorer(MAX), the NI-DAQ Base Device list, and in the data logger. When I plug the DAQ into the Device server it can be seen in windows device manager, and the MAX. It cannot be seen in the NI-DAQ Base Device list or the data logger. In the MAX Under USB devices, USB Settings tab, the manufacture and model #'s are listed as unknown. How can I communicate with this device?

Thanks

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,617 Views)
Hi Mike,

You stated that you are using the USB-6009 via a Wireless controller.

As you also mentioned the device seems to be working properly when plugged directly into the computer. While we work very hard to make sure that the device works in a typical configuration we are not able to test or assure compatibility with every configuration. In your case using a USB device with a Wireless converter is not tested or supported.

Our drivers are looking directly at the USB port. Unfortunately this does not necessarily relate to all possible USB extenders or converters. In order to make sure that your device functions properly then you will need to plug it directly into a USB port on your computer.

Thanks for your understanding on this issue,
Message 2 of 2
(2,584 Views)