From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-6008 Self Test Error

Hi there, 

I have encountered a problem on configuring the NI USB-6008 device. The NI-DAQmx ver 8.3 is installed in a Windows XP. 

Error:

The device self test has failed. The error repot from the device driver is as follows:

Error -88302 occurred at Self Test

Possible Reason(s):

An internal error occurred.

The error above came up when it comes to self test.The LED light on the device is blinking non-stop. When I right clicked on the device in MAX, "Test Panels", "Delete", "Properties" and "Self-Calibrate" option are not available. The same error will come up if "Reset Device" is clicked. I have looked for the solutions in the forum but I can't get to the configuration settings as mentioned in this solution: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/19E7993CF8366EED8625764200771C68?opendocument&Submitted&&...

Is there any other ways to solve the error? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,373 Views)
That version is 8 years old. Have you tried something newer? What application development software are you using?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,365 Views)

Nope. This ver of installer is given by the manager and I am trying to install it with the NI USB-6008. I'm not sure on the application. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,361 Views)
You don't know whether the program will use c, LabVIEW, .NET, or something else?

Have your manager get on the forum or tell him you need to try a driver that is more recent.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,356 Views)