From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI System Configuration for LV7.1

Hi  NI CEO, Managers and Enginners...... Please provide support NI System Configuration for LV 7.1.

I am still using it. I am jealous of those who happily use the DAQmx configuration.ini without having to use MAX.

Please provide it.....

Clement

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,808 Views)

Hi Clement,

There's a related idea on the DAQ Idea Exchange: Ability to have multiple and distant Labview development versions installed. I recommend giving that idea a "kudos".

I was about to suggest using the older "MAX Copy Configuration" VI, but that VI didn't support LabVIEW 7.1 either.

NI System Configuration also has a C API, which might be your best bet for getting it to work with LabVIEW 7.1. I think import/export would require setting up call library function nodes for NISysCfgInitializeSession(), NISysCfgExportConfiguration(), NISysCfgImportConfiguration(), and NISysCfgCloseHandle() from nisyscfg.dll. Here's the documentation: NI System Configuration Function Reference for LabWindows/CVI. The nisyscfg.h header file gets installed when you select LabWindows/CVI in the NI System Configuration installer (not the DAQmx installer).

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,798 Views)